Network Instruments and JDSU – Long-Term Growth and Strategic Innovation
JDSU Acquires Network Instruments
Network Instruments and JDSU, two companies with highly complementary portfolios, have joined together to increase customer value in both the Enterprise and Service Provider marketplaces.
JDSU Backing Provides More Resources and Options
Silicon Valley-based JDSU boasts a diverse technology portfolio with highly respected networking products used by network equipment manufacturers and service providers. This acquisition brings Network Instruments' popular Observer Platform, including the GigaStor retrospective network appliance, to the service provider market.
Additionally, JDSU's strong commitment to product development and innovation strengthens Network Instruments' position in the Enterprise marketplace. JDSU and Network Instruments will continue to innovate, create, and deliver leading Application and Network Performance Management solutions to Enterprise organizations.
Continued Dedication to Customers
With Network Instruments as the foundation of JDSU's new Performance Management business unit, customers can continue to rely on the consistent delivery, responsive technical support, and powerful network and application management solutions they've come to expect.
We are excited about this announcement and the new possibilities it brings for both our companies.
- JDSU is dedicated to supporting Network Instruments' product development roadmap
- Network Instruments has become part of a global company committed to R&D investment and innovation
- Strong financials, a high-performance product line, a large enterprise footprint, and exceptional talent were key elements in the selection of Network Instruments
- Network Instruments' president, CEO, and co-founder Douglas Smith, along with the current management team, head up the new Performance Management business unit within JDSU
- Network Instruments remains committed to delivering its high-end solutions to enterprise customers with products such as:
- Observer Monitoring Platform – A network performance analyzer that provides unique visibility into complex application and network operations.
- GigaStor Retrospective Analysis Appliance – A data collection and analysis solution that captures network traffic in turn providing time-based, retrospective network and application analysis.
- Matrix Network Monitoring Switch – The Matrix, a network packet broker appliance, provides rapid set-up and administration, centralized traffic policy management and the scalability for administrators to add more ports as their networks grow.
Network Instruments has outstanding new products and an excellent reputation across the enterprise market with nearly twenty years of experience and strong customer relationships. We're excited to add their talented team and winning solutions to JDSU and look forward to leveraging their expertise to further improve network performance for both our telecom and enterprise customers.